whats your favorite food?

Monday, July 28, 2008

Tourette's Syndrome

I am Joey and I was diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome by second grade. Tourette's Syndrome is when your body moves without you wanting it to. It can hurt sometimes, but I think of it as God wanting me to be a good example.

My experience with Tourette's Syndrome: I have two tics, with head jerking and mouth jerking. I experience headaches all day. I'm on several medicines to help my tics. If you've ever had a migraine, I get them every day.

It is hard living with tics, but I live every day the best I can. I am a kid with Tourette's and I'm proud.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

I am proud of you too! You are a great example to others in the way you choose to deal with your TS. Having TS is not easy, but I am glad to see that you are not going to let it get in your way. You are smart, funny, kind, and strong! I am very proud of you and know that you are going to do great things with your life.
I hope you keep writing and can inspire others with your thoughts and words.
Love to you,
Mom

Junosmom said...

u are awsome

Unknown said...

Joey, you're terrific! You may never know all those you will inspire. Write on! (pun intended).

Robin (your cousin, once removed)

Gregory Anderson said...

You are a shining beacon amid this fog of life.

Happy hunting!

Unknown said...

Good for you! Keep your head held high. Keep on blogging!

camflock said...

Joey,

When I grew up, I found writing to be a wonderful way to share my thoughts with others. You are very brave to begin blogging and sharing your thoughts and ideas with others.

Keep up the good work!
Mrs. M
Aunt Cathy's friend

Shirley said...

Joey ~ I didn't know much about Tourette's Syndrome and your writings have helped me understand it more. Keep up the good work in sharing your life with others. You sound like a wonderful boy who is excited about life and trusts in the Lord. I will be looking forward to more of your writings.

Shirley Downing (a homeschool friend of your aunts)