whats your favorite food?

Monday, July 28, 2008

Hunting Adventure with Uncle Joe

We were sitting in a tree stand one night. We were hunting for deer with a cross-bow. We were up there for an hour and out of the corner of my eye, a squirrel under us chewing on the corn we set out. I asked my uncle if I could shoot it and he said, "Go ahead."

I loaded the cross-bow, pulled back the string. My heart pounded harder and harder. The moment had finally come: my first squirrel. I aimed the sight at the squirrel, slowly pulled the trigger, and there it was. The squirrel was dead. My uncle and I started jumping up and down. He said, "Shooting a squirrel with a cross-bow is almost impossible."
Änd I said, "I did it on my first shot!"

A rush of happiness went through me. We climbed down the tree stand, grabbed the squirrel and brought it to the house. I ran inside and left my uncle in the woods. I showed my aunt and my mom and Grandpa my squirrel. They gave me a "high five" and were happy for me. My first squirrel. That was my lifetime adventure. But, squirrel season is next week and I'm going to have another lifetime adventure!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow Joey!! That is a great story. I did not know you were such a good writer. I will remember that next time you have a writing assignment for homework :-}. I think writing is a great way to express your feelings. I am really looking forward to your next entry. I hope you keep it up. When you get home, maybe we can add one of your pictures with your squirrel to your blog.
I love you,
Mom

bennettgirl91 said...

Great blog! You're a good writer. :)

camflock said...

Your enthusiasm for hunting shows that you might have found a life long activity. What a blessing to find that when you are younger.

--Mrs. M
Aunt Cathy's friend

Sue said...

Hi there. Your Aunt Cathy told me about your blog. Before I became a mother I was a professional writer. You have some good writing skills! You made me feel as if I was there on the squirrel hunt. I look forward to reading more!

Jennifer said...

great job!
did you eat the squirrel? i heard they taste like sweet chicken.

Jennifer said...

haha, no i've never tried it. my younger brother was a boy scout and on a camping trip they shot and ate one and they told me it tasted a little like sweet chicken.