whats your favorite food?

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I am Like a Dragon

I wrote a poem for school and my teacher entered it in a poetry contest. Guess what? I was selected as "one of high merit and chosen for publication." My poem will be published in a hard bound anthology called A Celebration of Poets. My poem will now be entered into a final competition where I can win a final award for the contest. Here is my poem:

I Am Like a Dragon
I am like a dragon
Strong and I never give up
I reach many heights I never thought I could
I stand alone in a dangerous fight
The fire comes out of my mouth
And guides me through the darkness of the night
I fly high to catch my dreams
I fly much higher than it seems
I swoop down and catch my prey
I am like a dragon

3 comments:

Junosmom said...

Excellent, Joey! I am proud to have a nephew that is a published author!

Anonymous said...

Joey, I had no idea you could write such beautiful poetry. It is a wonderful talent and I can hardly wait to read your next one. While reading your poem I could almost see you soaring above the clouds leaving a firey trail across the sky. You are truely a Superman! Grandpa George

Sue said...

Very nice!