whats your favorite food?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Sick Tic

Lately, I have been having a stomach tic which causes me to throw up. I threw up about every 15 minutes for 1 1/2 days. It was horrible. My mom thought that I was going to have to go to the hospital to get an IV in my arm. Luckily, I feel better today. So, I'll tell you more about having Tourette Syndrome. It is very frustrating at times. It is sometimes embarrassing to be in public when I have tics. I feel like people are looking at me and laughing. But, I don't pay attention to them because this is the way God made me special.

2 comments:

lillinda said...

Hi Joey,
It is hard to be brave when people are staring at you. My mother has Parkinson's Disease. When she first was diagnosed, her hand would shake alot. She was embarrassed. She had to try different medicines before they found the right one to help her not shake quite so much. You cannot hardly tell it now unless she gets upset. While they were trying to find the right medicine, she developed a sense of humor about her shake. When she caught someone staring, she would just smile and say "Elvis is In the house, there's a whole lot of shaking going on." Most people who were old enough to know who Elvis was would laugh and quit staring and start talking to her. This made her feel better.If you don't know about Elvis, go ask your mom.
I like your blog. My son is 13 and I tried to get him interested in blogging but he says it is not for him.
Have a Blessed Day,
lillinda

Junosmom said...

Dear Joey,
Today is the first day I've really had computer access and the first thing I did was check your blog. I was thrilled to see you wrote more. I was very worried about your stomach tic. I hope you feel better.

You know, we all have challenges, some more than others, and some more visible than others. Tourette's will be challenging for you because it is very visible. I am hoping that as you grow, it will become more manageable, soon, I hope.

Knowing people with such challenges has made me more aware and compassionate. I feel sorry for people that laugh - their heart hasn't grown yet.